Powered By Blogger

Selasa, 4 Januari 2011

RIDDLES 5

RIDDLES

WHO SMASHED THE WINDOW?

Four kids were playing, and one of them threw a ball right through your window. Here's what they had to say for themselves.

A: Not me! I didn't break a thing!
B: Ok, I'll tell the truth. It was me. I broke it.
C: Don't be mad at A! He didn't do anything!
D: B didn't break the glass, I swear.

You know that someone must be lying. But how many of them are lying? Can you figure out who smashed your window?


ANSWER

A, B, and C were lying. A in fact broke the window.

Source : http://www.trickyriddles.com



BALLONS

Robert and David were preparing to have a water balloon fight. "No fair," cried Robert. "You have 3 times as many as I do!" David said, "Fine!" and gave Robert 10 more balloons. "Still not fair!" argued Robert. "You still have twice as many as I do." How many more balloons must David give Robert for them to have the same number?

ANSWER

David must give Robert another 20 water balloons, giving them each 60. Robert started with 30 water balloons and David with 90.

Source : http://www.trickyriddles.com


WHAT WILL YOU BRING?

A train conducter only lets on people who bring the right item. Mr. Tompson, the first man, brings pepper but not salt. The second man brings an apple but not an orange. What will you bring?

ANSWER

Supper but not lunch. Everything has a double P.


Source : http://www.trickyriddles.com



NINE SHORT RIDDLES

1. What kind of words are the following: Level, civic, madam and eye.
2. What can go up a chimney down but not down a chimney up?
3. What is the shortest complete sentence in the English language?
4. I arrive once in every second, once in every minute and once in every year. What am I?
5. What always ends everything?
6. If you have me, you want to share me. If you share me, you haven't got me. What am I?
7. How could a cowboy ride into town on Friday, stay two days, and ride out on Friday?
8. The man who makes it does not need it. The man who buys its does not use it. The man who uses it doesn't know he is. What is it?
9. It regulates our daily movements, but it feels no interest in our lives. It directs us when to come and go, but does not care if we pay attention. What is it?



ANSWERS


1. They are palindromes - they read the same forward and backwards.
2. An umbrella!
3. Some show the solution as, "I am," but "Go." is shorter.
4. The letter "e" (sEcond, minutE, yEar).
5. The letter "g".
6. A secret.
7. His horse is named Friday!
8. A Coffin.
9. A clock.

Source : http://www.increasebrainpower.com/short-riddles.html

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan